Update provided by West Pilton and West Granton community council
This is the report from the Gold Level Meeting of the Task Force set up to tackle the issues in the North of Edinburgh. It will form part of the report at the Follow Up Meeting at 7:30 pm tomorrow evening (4th November in the West Pilton Neighbourhood Centre – Main Function Hall.
It does state what the ‘powers that be’ are doing and their commitment – but it also asks for our help, support and commitment.
We may not always be able to have this level of policing long term – we have to buy into our involvement to create a safer, happier living environment in our area.
Please come to our meeting – open to everyone that cares about our community- and we look forward to seeing you.
# STRONGER NORTH
A new energy and positive approach to community safety in North Edinburgh
• Share information about community action, police or Council action to combat anti-social behaviour – quickly
• Invite community involvement – provide ways for people to report issues, get support and challenge behaviour to build a positive environment
• Create highly visual campaign messages about community action, community concerns and what is being done to improve things
All individuals and organisations in North Edinburgh are invited to be a part of #StrongerNorth.
You can help by sharing regular bulletins through text, social media, telling your friends, family and neighbours about positive action taking place and how they can support it too.
• Highlight actions and improvements like community payback schemes, using big posters and other signs so you can see when a difference is being made…and then tell people about it
• Organise local ‘drop in’ sessions to make it easier to report issues, get support, express concerns, offer to help
• Arrange visits to explain and promote #StrongerNorth
To report a crime call 101 or in an emergency 999 or attend Drylaw Police Station
Contact : Fraser Sinclair in North Local Office, 8 West Pilton Gardens. 0131 529 5023